Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our baby is 1 already!


Our sweet little girl turned 1 on Thanksgiving day. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe both. She is just getting so big. This year has just flown by with her. It has been so fun and amazing watching her learn and grow everyday. She is really the sweetest, happiest little girl. Here are a couple pictures of her. This is her birthday outfit. She looked so cute. It made her look more chunky than she is! She wasn't feeling the greatest on her birthday but did great! (we found out the next day she has an ear infection :( She was happy all day though. We had dinner at my parents, Bernie's family came also. We had lots of yummy food and were stuffed! Some of my family came over also to help celebrate her birthday. She liked her cake, but didn't dig into it like we thought she would. But with having no nap and not feeling well, that was expected.

A few fun things about Gracie:
-She is starting to walk, she is so proud of herself when she does. As soon as she sits down she claps and looks at everyone to make sure you are too!
-She has 12 teeth and loves to have them brushed.
-She loves bath time and when I take her out she shakes her head no!
-She says hi, tickle tickle, da da, ma ma, growls when she sees the dogs
-She knows where your eyes and nose are. She pinchs your nose so you will say honk honk and when you ask her where your eye is she practically pushes her finger through the back of you head showing you!
-She gives kisses all the time and we are teaching her hugs.
-SHE IS FEARLESS! Just like her dad! She falls off the stairs and thinks it's funny! When she does get hurt she scowls makes a perfect O with her mouth and says owe really softly.
-She loves books and brings them to us all the time to read. She will point out the dogs and cats in them. She also knows who Santa is. She points at him too! We'll see how she likes to sit on his lap!
-She loves medicine! When she sees me get out her anitbiotic for her ear she scrunches her shoulders and says mmmmmm! I've had her tylonol in her diaper bag this past week in case she has needed it, she knows where it's kept, gets it out and brings it to me! I promise we don't give her medicine that much!
This has been the greatest year with Gracie. We have so much to be thankful for. We are a happy little family and she makes it better everyday. We love you more than you know Gracie Anne.





5 comments:

Olson Family said...

Oh I just love her so much. Happy birthday Gracie Anne. Aunt Nicole loves you more than anyone and I miss you so much. So does Avery and Adison.

Tearz said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! You are an adorable and very lucky girl!

Chris and Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! You don't know me but your Mommy and I were really good friends, even roommates at one time. She would set her alarm clock sooooo load that when it went off in the morning I woke up to Country Music, but then to top it off she wouldn't even hear it....lol So I would simply softly say "Heather" and she would immediatly hear me and say "hmmmmmm".....hehehe I could just never understand how she could hear me say her name quietly but not Alan Jackson screaming in her ear????? We had some good times though. I love you Heather and miss you like crazy! Can't believe your a Mommy to a toddler now. Wild huh? Email me Nikki73080@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that first year of parenthood!
Happy Birthday, Gracie! May you always learn as much as you have in the last twelve months!
Hurrah for more steps!

The Parks Family said...

Time goes by so fast...my girlies are four this saturday, it's crazy. She is so cute and reminds me of you. Hey, if you want an invite into my blog email me at theparksfam@gmail.com